Canyon Visitor Center
(Canyon Village)


Situated just 1/8 mile southeast of Canyon Junction, the Canyon Visitor Center opened in 1957 to provide general park information and a bookstore. Once home to extensive Yellowstone geology displays, the center’s current primary exhibit pertains to the region’s bison. In June 2004, the visitor center was partially demolished for the reconstruction of a new facility slated to open in Spring 2006. A temporary center is located nearby, and plans are currently being made to incorporate a permanent geology display in the new center. The center is open 9 AM to 5 PM daily from the park’s spring/summer opening through early October. Call (307) 242-2550 for additional information.

In addition, the Canyon Visitor Center hosts a ranger station and backcountry office under the direction of the Division of Resource Management and Visitor Protection. The office distributes first-aid assistance, backcountry permits, and float-tube permits.

Home | Free Brochures | Bookstore | Vacation / Relocation Planner | Yellowstone National Park Tour | Search Our Site
Copyright © 2011 • New Times Media Corporation • All Rights Reserved